- Police Department
On behalf of the dedicated men and women of the Indian Harbour Beach Police Department, thank you for visiting our website. The City of Indian Harbour Beach is a vibrant city with friendly residents. It is boarded to the east by the Atlantic Ocean and to the west by the Banana River. Indian Harbour Beach is an excellent place to raise a family and build community bonds. It is considered the best-kept secret in Brevard County.
The Indian Harbour Beach Police Department’s team consists of 21 full-time sworn police officers, five full-time 911 Public Safety Telecommunicators, three civilian staff members, and three Crossing Guards. Our goal is simple; improve the quality of life for those who live, work and visit Indian Harbour Beach by providing professional law enforcement services. Our staff has the highest personal and professional integrity standards, enabling them to prevent crime, enforce the laws, and more importantly, work as problem solvers. They absolutely embody our Motto: We Serve…..We Care!
Community Policing is not only our policing philosophy and organizational strategy, it is the cornerstone of what we do. Community Policing is based upon the premise that both the police and the citizens must work together to identify, prioritize and solve community concerns. We are proud of our long-standing partnerships with our citizens and business that help keep our crime among the lowest in the State. I truly believe when we all work together there is no obstacle that we cannot overcome. I want to personally thank the Indian Harbour Beach Community for all of their support. With this support, the City of Indian Harbour Beach is able to consistently remain one of the safest cities in Florida.
I am honored and proud to serve as the Chief of Police for the City of Indian Harbour Beach and as well as having the opportunity to work with an outstanding team that truly makes a positive difference in the community.
Chief of Police
Indian Harbour Beach Police Department
Some of the community-oriented programs instituted by our police department include:
- Vacation House Checks are conducted by our officers when requested by residents who leave the city for extended periods of time.
- Our officers distribute stuffed animals to children involved in traumatic situations, to help reassure and comfort them while coping with stressful times.
- The Christmas Outreach Program ensures that each year, during the Christmas season, those less fortunate senior citizens or families with children in our community receive gifts, food, necessities, clothing, and cards through the generosity of the police officers, other City employees, citizens, businesses and various local school children.
- Educational programs are provided to students of our local neighborhood school, Ocean Breeze Elementary, such as the SPECDA program: A five-week Special Program to Educate Children against Drug Abuse and various other topics directed toward 4th and 5th graders, bicycle safety programs, and special lectures/presentations upon request.
- Sex Offender Registry Search
Through the various programs previously mentioned exchanges occur between our police officers and residents that help to create a better understanding of each other's expectations of their roles in our community. Each and every officer truly lives the department's motto, "We serve... We care!"